MAINTENANCE PROCEDURE FOR REAL ESTATE AGENT REGISTRY
Approved by resolution of the Board of the ECREA on 08.10.2015
1. The basis for the establishment of the real estate agent registry (hereinafter: the Registry) are the Articles of Association of the Estonian Chamber of Real Estate Agents; the Professional Standards approved by the Professional Council for Construction, Real Estate and Geomatics; the EVS-EN 15733 Standard for the Provision of Services by Real Estate Agents (hereinafter: the Standard); and the Professional Standard Real Estate Agent, level 5 (hereinafter: Professional Standard). The aim of the creation of the Registry is to ensure quality of service amongst real estate agents through the development of a single list of real estate agents.
2. The Estonian Chamber of Real Estate Agents (hereinafter: the Registrar) shall organise the registration of agents in the registry and shall be the Registrar in accordance with this statute, the Articles of Association of the ECREA, legislation, rulings of the courts or of the ECREA Court of Honour, and generally accepted professional skills and practices.
3. The Registry is public and details entered into the Registry may be accessed via the ECREA website, at www.maakleritekoda.ee.
4. The personal information of sole proprietors with Estonian citizenship or permanent residence in Estonia providing real estate brokerage services, or the details of legal persons providing real estate brokerage services, shall be entered into the Registry.
4.1. The application for enrolment in the Registry shall contain at least the following information: the person’s first and last name, identity number, education, work experience as a real estate agent, name of company providing services, personal contact information (telephone, email).
5. Inclusion in the Registry shall be done on the decision of the Registrar within 14 calendar days of receipt of the application submitted by the applicant. In justified circumstances, the Registrar has the right to deviate from the conditions set out in clause 4, based on the specific non-standard situation of the submitter of the application.
6. Agents listed in the Registry:
6.1. shall comply with relevant valid European and national legislation. In the case of conflicts with the Standard, European and national legislation shall take precedence over the Standard.
6.2. shall follow the Standard (except for clause 6, regarding insurance), the Professional Standard, and the ECREA Code of Good Conduct.
7. Complaints regarding persons listed in the Registry shall be dealt with in the ECREA Court of Honour, which shall have the right to seek the opinions or assessments of third parties.
8. In respect of persons listed in the Registry, the Registrar may impose the following sanctions:
8.1. a written notice;
8.2. removal from the Registry.
9. The Registrar may, based on its own decision, remove a person’s details from the Registry in the following situations:
9.1. Failure of a person to comply with the requirements set out in clause 6 (this failure must be detected by the Registrar in advance);
9.2. On the application in written, reproducible form of a person whose details have been entered into the Registry.
10. A person may submit a complaint to the Board of the ECREA regarding exclusion from the Registry.
11. A person excluded from the Registry on the basis of clause 9.1 may be entered into the Registry on the decision of the Registrar no earlier than one calendar year after exclusion from the Registry.